Monthly Archives: September 2013
If you are looking for a place that has something fun for everyone, then look no further! The Pit offers guests the ability to drive high speed go-karts, participate in a game of laser tag, play a round of mini-golf, climb a rock wall, and even try out some batting cages. There is truly an activity that everyone will enjoy!
Since The Pit is located in Race City USA, it would only be right for visitors to have the opportunity to get in a car and race! There are go-karts available for youth and for adults. The 10 Sodi youth karts and 20 Sodi RX7 adult carts are not your ordinary go-karts and can go 40+ mph! The go-karts have adjustable seats and pedals, so they can be converted to fit any size driver.
As if the go-karts weren’t enough to get you to come drive, the track should do it! It is a 70,000 square foot track and is one of the largest in the country. With 20 challenging turns, it’s not your typical go-kart track!
The mini-golf course at The Pit is under black lights and is wizards and dragon themed! It is a entertaining 18-hole course for visitors of all ages.
The laser tag arena is a 3,600 square foot arena where up to 20 participants can battle it out at once. There are 7 different game scenarios for groups to choose from. Laser tag makes a great birthday party event for kids!
By featuring a challenging 21ft tall rock climbing wall, w/ 6 different climbing stations, The Pit offers climbers a variety of climbs. Anyone from a beginner level to expert, will all have routes available to climb. There is no actual age limit for the wall, climbers must weigh at least 40lbs and no more than 250lbs.
The batting cages are great for kids and adults. There are three pitching machines that are equipped for baseball and softball. Ball teams can also rent the 10,000 square foot space for practice.
**Be sure to check the website for the full list of activity pricing, group packages, and rates.
1. Channel your Inner NASCAR Driver. The Pit has wonderful go-karts, for guests of all ages, and a challenging track to race on!
2. Host a Party! With all of the activities available at The Pit, you are bound to have a fantastic celebration and make some great memories.
3. Rent out the Batting Cages! If you have a baseball or softball team, this is an awesome place to get in some batting practice, and weather will never be an issue since the cages are located indoors.
Kyle Busch Motorports is a 77,000 square foot race shop and corporate headquarters for Kyle Busch and the other Kyle Busch drivers. The race shop is fully equipped and ready to handle race preparation for it’s fleet of Toyota Camry’s and Tundras. The space is also used for executive meetings and gatherings with all of it’s partners.
KBM started with Kyle’s first purchase of a Legends car in 2003 to provide a way for him to improve his driving skills. Since then, KBM has filled a trophy case with the Legends car and late model hardware. The Motorports team is now home to the No. 77 Toyota Camry in the Nascar Nationwide Series and the No. 18, No.51, and No. 54 Tundra’s in the Nascar Camping World Truck Series. In addition, there is a 2,000 square foot retail store for visitors to check out and purchase some great Nascar memorabilia.
The motorsports facility is at the cornerstone of green initiatives filled with enough new technology to put it on the path be certified LEED.
Kyle Busch, Parker Kligerman, Joey Coulter, Erik Jones, Darrall Wallace Jr, Chad Hackenbracht, and Drew Herring are all the drivers that are part of the Kyle Busch Motorsports family.
Nascar Stock Car Drivers- Parker Kligerman
Nascar Truck Series- Joey Coulter, Erik Jones, Chad Hackenbracht, Drew Herring
*Drivers that participate in Stock Car & Truck Series- Kyle Busch, Darrell Wallace Jr.
Up and comer, Erik Jones, is a Truck series driver. He is only 17, and will be one to keep an eye out for in the future!
With the philosophy, Win or go home, it’s no wonder Kyle Busch has been as successful on the race track as he has a business man. He first started racing in 2001 and has made quite a name for himself since then. He won Rookie of the Year in 2004 and in 2005 and the years following, he had more victories than you can count!
There is Kyle Busch Motorsports merchandise available for purchase at the KBM shop! Whether you are looking for a t-shirt, sweatshirt, hat, or model car, you can find it here. These make great items to take home to remember your visit, and also make wonderful gifts!
1. Take a Visit! If you are a Nascar fan, this is a great place to go check out some of the behind the scenes action in the world of racing.
2. Visit the Shop. Be sure to stop into the store for some KBM merchandise to take home!
3. Look Around! You never know what race car drivers will be in each day. You may just get to meet your favorite driver:)
If you are looking for the perfect place to host a birthday party, bridal/baby shower, or are interested in having a candy buffet at your next special event, look no further! Sugar Pops is a quant, colorful little candy shop, and party host, located on Main Street in downtown Mooresville. With over 300 types of candy and 100 types of eclectic soda, Sugar Pop’s is the premier party spot in town!
The variety of candy at Sugar Pop’s is unlike anything you have ever seen! There is truly something for everyone, whether you prefer sweet or sour, Sugar Pop’s has got you covered. The candy assortment includes; novelty, chocolate, individually wrapped candy, bulk wrapped candy, M&M’s, Jelly Bellies, gummies, nostalgic, and bulk unwrapped. Candy can be used at in-house events, candy buffets, and can be purchased individually when customers come in!
There are 100 types of eclectic sodas available to wash down your sweet treats, or to simply have on their own! The soda selection includes; orange, Diet Soda, Cola, Kids, Jelly Belly, Eclectic, Cream Soda, Root Beer, and Cherry. All sodas are sold in glass bottles which adds to the experience and creates a little nostalgia for how soda use to be packaged.
Candy Buffets are custom made and are designed specifically for each customer and their event. The buffets include your choice of candies, chocolate, M&M’s, Jelly Belly, a variety of glass and apothecary jars, the use of candy scoops/tongs, coordinated ribbon & custom candy labels, design & set-up and bags. The buffets are wonderful to have at weddings, showers, birthday parties, and other special events. Having a candy buffet at your event adds a beautiful display of colors and immediately allows guests to become kids again!
Parties at Sugar Pop’s
The party room at Sugar Pop’s is rented on an hourly basis and can be rented for a minimum of 2 hours. This is a great place to host a kids birthday party, have a baby shower, prom socials, and other celebrations. Sugar Pop’s provides the space and the candy, you just provide the party! The space can hold up to 30 people and can be rented at the following times; after 6pm Monday-Thursday, after 7pm Friday and Saturday, and after 10am on Sundays. If you have a party in mind for Sugar Pop’s, call them up! (704) 799-0959
Regular Store Hours
1. Host a Party. If you are looking for a great place to have a child’s birthday party or other celebration, Sugar Pop’s is a great place to host it. It is such a fun and cheerful atmosphere, guests will definitely have a great time!
2. Have a Candy Buffet! Candy Buffets are very popular at weddings, showers, and other events. It allows guests a great selection of candy that they get to choose from, beautiful glass jars, and ribbons and custom candy labels.
3. Stop in! The shop is open every day and is a great place to stop in while strolling down Main Street in Mooresville. You are bound to find your favorite candy and old-fashioned soda!
4. Buy in Bulk. If you are looking for a place to purchase a particular candy in bulk, look no further! Sugar Pop’s is the place to go:)
The North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame is the official visitors center of Mooresville, NC. It provides visitors with a free race shop guide and an experience that will allow them to check out “Race City USA” first hand! The museum features 45 race cars dedicated to all types of auto racing and aims to celebrate and enhance the rich heritage of motor sports and its cultural contributions.
With a dedication to racing, from drag racing to stock cars, the museum houses memorabilia that represent and help relive some of racings greatest moments. In addition, there is a Goodyear mini-theater, along with showcases and displays, that bring some of racing’s greatest memories to life. The showcases and displays are continually rotated, so that they are current and provide visitors with the best experience possible!
To Take Home
There is an art gallery which features many of motorsports’ top artists including Garry Hill, Sam Bass, Jeane Barnes, and Dan McCreary, along with other local artists. Rare Artists prints are available for purchase at the gift shop. The Gift Shop also carries a wide variety of racing memorabilia and it is the official “Race City USA” merchandise headquarters. This is a wonderful place to purchase merchandise of your favorite race car driver and get some Race City USA gear to take home.
Children (6-12) $4
Senior Citizens (55+) $4
NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame
The NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame honors inductees to the Hall of Fame along the sidewalks of downtown Mooresville. As you walk down Main Street, you can see the tiles honoring the inductees. These feature the name, year, and car number of the driver honored. See if you can find your favorite inductee and get your picture made with their tile!
1. Go to the Hall of Fame! Whether you are a racing fan, or not, this is a wonderful place to learn about the history of racing and how it has become what it is today.
2. Check out the Cars! By having over 35 race cars showcased, it allows visitors to travel back in time and see how the cars and racing as a sport have evolved.
3. Visit the Gift Shop. Be sure to grab some Race City USA merchandise before you leave!
4. Take in the Art Work. Well-known artists, as well as local artists, have their artwork of motorsports featured here. Some pieces are even available for purchase!
5. Do the Walk of Fame! Be sure to check out downtown Mooresville and take the Walk of Fame to see all of the inductees.
JR Motorsports is the management company and racing operations of Dale Earnhart Jr. JRM competes in multiple racing divisions, including the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The motor sports and racing company was established in 1999 as the management company for professional race car driver, Dale Earnhart Jr. They operate out of a 66,000 square foot facility that serves as the hub of Earnhart’s racing operation and business interests. The team’s headquarters encompasses a full stable of cars that compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and local weekly late model divisions.
JR Motorsports Team
The JR Motorsports team does not only include Dale Earnhart Jr, but also consists of several other notable NASCAR race car drivers. These members include; Regan Smith, Kasey Kahne, and Brad Sweet. For the latest information on each of the drivers and upcoming races, be sure to check their website, www.jrmracing.com!
JRM shop tours are available on Thursdays and Fridays anytime from 9am-4:30pm. If you are interested in a shop tour email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, number of people in your group, and what day/time you would like to attend.
Regular hours: M-F 8:30-5:30, Sat 10-4
If you are looking for JRM, driver, or NASCAR merchandise, look no further! There is everything from clothing to shoes, from car gear to collectibles available in the shop. With a store on site, along with an online store, you can find exactly what you are looking for.
1. Do a Tour! Grab a group of racing enthusiasts and tour the over 66,000 square foot facility filled with cars, memorabilia, and awards.
2. Get some Merch. Before you leave, make sure you stop by the shop and buy a JRM souvenir to take home!
3. Bring your Camera. You will want to have your picture made with the wax figure of the team owner, Dale Jr!