The North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame is the official visitors center of Mooresville, NC. It provides visitors with a free race shop guide and an experience that will allow them to check out “Race City USA” first hand! The museum features 45 race cars dedicated to all types of auto racing and aims to celebrate and enhance the rich heritage of motor sports and its cultural contributions.
With a dedication to racing, from drag racing to stock cars, the museum houses memorabilia that represent and help relive some of racings greatest moments. In addition, there is a Goodyear mini-theater, along with showcases and displays, that bring some of racing’s greatest memories to life. The showcases and displays are continually rotated, so that they are current and provide visitors with the best experience possible!
To Take Home
There is an art gallery which features many of motorsports’ top artists including Garry Hill, Sam Bass, Jeane Barnes, and Dan McCreary, along with other local artists. Rare Artists prints are available for purchase at the gift shop. The Gift Shop also carries a wide variety of racing memorabilia and it is the official “Race City USA” merchandise headquarters. This is a wonderful place to purchase merchandise of your favorite race car driver and get some Race City USA gear to take home.
Children (6-12) $4
Senior Citizens (55+) $4
NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame
The NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame honors inductees to the Hall of Fame along the sidewalks of downtown Mooresville. As you walk down Main Street, you can see the tiles honoring the inductees. These feature the name, year, and car number of the driver honored. See if you can find your favorite inductee and get your picture made with their tile!
1. Go to the Hall of Fame! Whether you are a racing fan, or not, this is a wonderful place to learn about the history of racing and how it has become what it is today.
2. Check out the Cars! By having over 35 race cars showcased, it allows visitors to travel back in time and see how the cars and racing as a sport have evolved.
3. Visit the Gift Shop. Be sure to grab some Race City USA merchandise before you leave!
4. Take in the Art Work. Well-known artists, as well as local artists, have their artwork of motorsports featured here. Some pieces are even available for purchase!
5. Do the Walk of Fame! Be sure to check out downtown Mooresville and take the Walk of Fame to see all of the inductees.