The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a 16th century European style art and entertainment festival combining outdoor theater, circus entertainment, arts and crafts, a jousting tournament, a feast, and much more! It was first introduced in 1994 with six acres of exhibits, attractions, and entertainment. Today it has grown into a twenty acre theme park filled with charming cottages and castles, kitchens and pubs, and lots of games.
The Carolina festival has grown to be one of the largest of the Renaissance fairs nationwide. With over 100 purveyors of crafts and food, along with non-stop music and comedy shows, it’s no wonder it is now one of the largest in the country. The festival features over 500 costumed characters, knights on horseback jousting three times each day, the world’s largest rocking horse, 11 stages of music and comedy, rides and games, and artisan demonstrations.
The Renaissance Festival is held during the months of October and November. This year the festival begins on October 5 and ends on November 24. It takes place every Saturday and Sunday from 10-5:30.
Admission is $21 for Adults and $11 for Children(5-12) when tickets are purchased in advance. Children younger than 5 are free! Tickets can be purchased online and at regional Harris Teeters. Tickets purchased at the box office the day of will be $22 for Adults and $12 for Children(5-12). Tickets are $19 for Seniors(60+), military and military spouses(mist have Valid ID). Children of military are $9. There are also group rates available for groups of 15+. Group rates are $19 per Adult and $9 for Children.
1. Grab some Friends and Go! The Festival is a wonderful outing for friends on the weekend. It’s a great place to try some new things and to make some memories!
2. Attend a Jousting Tournament. How many times in your life will you have the opportunity to watch one of these?? Be sure to go!
3. Eat a Feast. There will be feasts fit for a king, be sure you take part in this and enjoy some of the authentic food!
4. Visit the Stages. With over 11 different stages showcasing music and comedy routines, there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
5. Check out the World’s Largest Rocking Horse. Be sure to have the kids go for a ride and take some pictures!