Monthly Archives: December 2013
The Charles Mack Citizen Center is a beautiful and convenient location for rehearsal dinners, weddings, and/or receptions. Located in the heart of downtown Mooresville, it has a small-town feel, with big-city perks. The Citizen Center has several options for the setting of the special day and the staff works with the bride and groom to accommodate their wishes!
Reservations can be made up to a year in advance. Spaces can be rented by the hour or by the day. There are two outdoor garden locations available and six indoor ballrooms. This way if you are looking to have an outdoor wedding and and indoor reception, you can have both without completely moving locations!
In the ballrooms, there are customizable dance floors depending on the size of your wedding. Flexible room options are also available based on the number attending the wedding. Also available is state of the art audio and video equipment. To help make the big day run smoothly, a list of local caterers and service providers is also provided by the Citizen Center. There is also easy and convenient parking for the wedding party and guests.
For a full list of rates for the different spaces, be sure to check their website. Here you can see an entire list of what is available at The Citizen Center and what the fees are.
1. Book in Advance! Weekends get booked fast, so if you are looking to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and/or reception here, act fast!
2. Take Advantage of the Location. With the venue being in the middle of Downtown Mooresville, be sure you use what is available to you for photos!
3. Have both your ceremony and reception at the Citizen Center! There are a total of 8 spaces(indoor and outdoor) for you to choose from, all offering something a little different.
If you are looking for some family fun to get everyone in the Christmas spirit, then look no further! With everything from Santa Claus, to Horse Drawn Carriages, Christmas in Davidson is the place to be. Located in downtown Davidson, the three night Christmas event has something magical to offer everyone. This year Christmas in Davidson is being held on December 5, 6, and 7 from 6pm-9pm.
Santa Claus will be present for kids to visit and Mrs. Claus will be doing story time each night. Business vendors will have crafts for children, snacks, and beverages available. Town Hall will be featuring a holiday performance and “make and take” art projects for children.
While you are here, make sure to take a ride through downtown, there are two options! Visitors can either take a horse-drawn carriage or a hay ride down Main Street. The horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person and run from 6pm-9pm each night. The hay rides are free to visitors and also run from 6pm-9pm each night.
The Liberty Stage is a stage for entertainment each night. The Town Hall will also be featuring a performance for visitors to enjoy. There will be a live nativity to help bring to life the reason for the season, as well as a Doggie Fashion Show on Friday night to add a little more fun to the night!
There are a variety of ways to get involved in Christmas at Davidson! Whether you are interested in having a booth with your merchandise, sponsoring a tree in the Village of Trees, bringing your dog to compete in the fashion show, or simply signing up to volunteer, the event would not be possible without eager helpers who are excited about celebrating Christmas!
To volunteer- www.christmasindavidson.com/volunteers.htm
1. Take the Family! There is no doubt that the kids will have a great time and Christmas memories will be made:)
2. Go see Santa! While you have the kids together, take them to sit on Santa’s lap and attend story time with Mrs. Claus. Christmas is such a magical time and this experience will make the holidays that much more special.
3. Take a Ride. Hayrides are free of charge and the horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person. This is a wonderful way to see downtown Davidson decorated for Christmas.
4. Volunteer! There are so many different ways to get involved at this event. Find which one fits you and get plugged in!