The North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame is the official visitors center of Mooresville, NC. It provides visitors with a free race shop guide and an experience that will allow them to check out “Race City USA” first hand! The museum features 45 race cars dedicated to all types of auto racing and aims to celebrate and enhance the rich heritage of motor sports and its cultural contributions.
With a dedication to racing, from drag racing to stock cars, the museum houses memorabilia that represent and help relive some of racings greatest moments. In addition, there is a Goodyear mini-theater, along with showcases and displays, that bring some of racing’s greatest memories to life. The showcases and displays are continually rotated, so that they are current and provide visitors with the best experience possible!
To Take Home
There is an art gallery which features many of motorsports’ top artists including Garry Hill, Sam Bass, Jeane Barnes, and Dan McCreary, along with other local artists. Rare Artists prints are available for purchase at the gift shop. The Gift Shop also carries a wide variety of racing memorabilia and it is the official “Race City USA” merchandise headquarters. This is a wonderful place to purchase merchandise of your favorite race car driver and get some Race City USA gear to take home.
Children (6-12) $4
Senior Citizens (55+) $4
NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame
The NC Auto Racing Walk of Fame honors inductees to the Hall of Fame along the sidewalks of downtown Mooresville. As you walk down Main Street, you can see the tiles honoring the inductees. These feature the name, year, and car number of the driver honored. See if you can find your favorite inductee and get your picture made with their tile!
1. Go to the Hall of Fame! Whether you are a racing fan, or not, this is a wonderful place to learn about the history of racing and how it has become what it is today.
2. Check out the Cars! By having over 35 race cars showcased, it allows visitors to travel back in time and see how the cars and racing as a sport have evolved.
3. Visit the Gift Shop. Be sure to grab some Race City USA merchandise before you leave!
4. Take in the Art Work. Well-known artists, as well as local artists, have their artwork of motorsports featured here. Some pieces are even available for purchase!
5. Do the Walk of Fame! Be sure to check out downtown Mooresville and take the Walk of Fame to see all of the inductees.
JR Motorsports is the management company and racing operations of Dale Earnhart Jr. JRM competes in multiple racing divisions, including the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The motor sports and racing company was established in 1999 as the management company for professional race car driver, Dale Earnhart Jr. They operate out of a 66,000 square foot facility that serves as the hub of Earnhart’s racing operation and business interests. The team’s headquarters encompasses a full stable of cars that compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and local weekly late model divisions.
JR Motorsports Team
The JR Motorsports team does not only include Dale Earnhart Jr, but also consists of several other notable NASCAR race car drivers. These members include; Regan Smith, Kasey Kahne, and Brad Sweet. For the latest information on each of the drivers and upcoming races, be sure to check their website, www.jrmracing.com!
JRM shop tours are available on Thursdays and Fridays anytime from 9am-4:30pm. If you are interested in a shop tour email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, number of people in your group, and what day/time you would like to attend.
Regular hours: M-F 8:30-5:30, Sat 10-4
If you are looking for JRM, driver, or NASCAR merchandise, look no further! There is everything from clothing to shoes, from car gear to collectibles available in the shop. With a store on site, along with an online store, you can find exactly what you are looking for.
1. Do a Tour! Grab a group of racing enthusiasts and tour the over 66,000 square foot facility filled with cars, memorabilia, and awards.
2. Get some Merch. Before you leave, make sure you stop by the shop and buy a JRM souvenir to take home!
3. Bring your Camera. You will want to have your picture made with the wax figure of the team owner, Dale Jr!