The North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival is a celebration of music, North Carolina, and it’s craft brewing traditions. Each year there are featured local bands, as many NC brewers who can be there and free tastings of their finest brews for three full hours. This is an event open to the public, for those wishing to participate in the tastings, and those wishing to enjoy the live music and food vendors.
If you purchase a 21+ ticket, you will be given admission to the event, a program guide/schedule, and the right to try as many beers as you would like. After the 3 hour tasting period the brewers will transition to selling beer. (Pace yourselves!) If you are interested in a 20 and under or a Designated Driver ticket, you will receive a program guide/schedule, over 9 hours of live entertainment, and access to delicious local food vendors!
*Direct Link to Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-carolina-brewers-and-music-festival-tickets-10338662217
The Historic Rural Hill Campground is an easy walk from the festival grounds and is located right across the road. There are hook-ups for power and water, as well as ample space for tents and pop-ups. (Camping is Saturday night only, must be gone by noon Sunday!)
*Cost: Tents- $10, Trucks/Pop-Ups-$25, RVs-$35
There will be a variety of food vendors available and will all be reasonably priced. There will also vegetarian options. Last year there were 6 different vendors, this year they are expecting even more!
If you have purchased, or plan to purchase a 21+ ticket make sure you bring a valid I.D. Each person will be I.D.’d as they enter! You can also bring lawn chairs, blankets, cameras, rain gear, umbrellas, and pop-up tents(if you’re camping).
Becoming a Vendor
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, be sure to visit the website at ncbrewsmusic.com to fill out an application. You can also call (704)875-3133 for additional info.
1. Get a Group and Go! This is a great day to spend outside with friends and family, while enjoying music and trying different types of beer.
2. Visit the Vendors. There will be several food vendors, in addition to lots of businesses present at the festival.
3. Camp! Whether you have a tent, camper, or an rv, there is a spot for you and your group. Camping is a great way to stay near the festival and make a mini-vacation out of it!
4. Become a Vendor. If you have a business that should be featured at the festival, consider becoming a vendor and having a table. There will be lots of attendees who will come by throughout the duration of the festival and learn about your business!
If you are looking for the perfect place to host a birthday party, bridal/baby shower, or are interested in having a candy buffet at your next special event, look no further! Sugar Pops is a quant, colorful little candy shop, and party host, located on Main Street in downtown Mooresville. With over 300 types of candy and 100 types of eclectic soda, Sugar Pop’s is the premier party spot in town!
The variety of candy at Sugar Pop’s is unlike anything you have ever seen! There is truly something for everyone, whether you prefer sweet or sour, Sugar Pop’s has got you covered. The candy assortment includes; novelty, chocolate, individually wrapped candy, bulk wrapped candy, M&M’s, Jelly Bellies, gummies, nostalgic, and bulk unwrapped. Candy can be used at in-house events, candy buffets, and can be purchased individually when customers come in!
There are 100 types of eclectic sodas available to wash down your sweet treats, or to simply have on their own! The soda selection includes; orange, Diet Soda, Cola, Kids, Jelly Belly, Eclectic, Cream Soda, Root Beer, and Cherry. All sodas are sold in glass bottles which adds to the experience and creates a little nostalgia for how soda use to be packaged.
Candy Buffets are custom made and are designed specifically for each customer and their event. The buffets include your choice of candies, chocolate, M&M’s, Jelly Belly, a variety of glass and apothecary jars, the use of candy scoops/tongs, coordinated ribbon & custom candy labels, design & set-up and bags. The buffets are wonderful to have at weddings, showers, birthday parties, and other special events. Having a candy buffet at your event adds a beautiful display of colors and immediately allows guests to become kids again!
Parties at Sugar Pop’s
The party room at Sugar Pop’s is rented on an hourly basis and can be rented for a minimum of 2 hours. This is a great place to host a kids birthday party, have a baby shower, prom socials, and other celebrations. Sugar Pop’s provides the space and the candy, you just provide the party! The space can hold up to 30 people and can be rented at the following times; after 6pm Monday-Thursday, after 7pm Friday and Saturday, and after 10am on Sundays. If you have a party in mind for Sugar Pop’s, call them up! (704) 799-0959
Regular Store Hours
1. Host a Party. If you are looking for a great place to have a child’s birthday party or other celebration, Sugar Pop’s is a great place to host it. It is such a fun and cheerful atmosphere, guests will definitely have a great time!
2. Have a Candy Buffet! Candy Buffets are very popular at weddings, showers, and other events. It allows guests a great selection of candy that they get to choose from, beautiful glass jars, and ribbons and custom candy labels.
3. Stop in! The shop is open every day and is a great place to stop in while strolling down Main Street in Mooresville. You are bound to find your favorite candy and old-fashioned soda!
4. Buy in Bulk. If you are looking for a place to purchase a particular candy in bulk, look no further! Sugar Pop’s is the place to go:)
I scream, you scream, we all scream for the Mooresville Ice Cream Company!
The summer is winding down, the kids are back in school and the days are getting shorter. Our family took the opportunity to visit a hidden gem in downtown Mooresville a few times over the past couple weeks. Call it a sweet tooth, or trying to get the last moments out of summer that we could.
The Mooresville Ice Cream Company, home of DeLuxe Ice Cream and Front Porch Ice Cream, is located in downtown Mooresville on Broad Street. You are able to peak in the glass doors next to the ice cream parlor to get a peak of the magic that is ice cream making! The ice cream parlor also has sherbet for those looking for a lighter option.
As school starts and we look for escape from the business of daily life, the Mooresville Ice Cream is becoming a weekly ritual for our family. Giving us time to sit down, talk and remind us that life is about the moments like a great scoop of ice cream with friends or family.