The Charles Mack Citizen Center is a beautiful and convenient location for rehearsal dinners, weddings, and/or receptions. Located in the heart of downtown Mooresville, it has a small-town feel, with big-city perks. The Citizen Center has several options for the setting of the special day and the staff works with the bride and groom to accommodate their wishes!
Reservations can be made up to a year in advance. Spaces can be rented by the hour or by the day. There are two outdoor garden locations available and six indoor ballrooms. This way if you are looking to have an outdoor wedding and and indoor reception, you can have both without completely moving locations!
In the ballrooms, there are customizable dance floors depending on the size of your wedding. Flexible room options are also available based on the number attending the wedding. Also available is state of the art audio and video equipment. To help make the big day run smoothly, a list of local caterers and service providers is also provided by the Citizen Center. There is also easy and convenient parking for the wedding party and guests.
For a full list of rates for the different spaces, be sure to check their website. Here you can see an entire list of what is available at The Citizen Center and what the fees are.
1. Book in Advance! Weekends get booked fast, so if you are looking to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and/or reception here, act fast!
2. Take Advantage of the Location. With the venue being in the middle of Downtown Mooresville, be sure you use what is available to you for photos!
3. Have both your ceremony and reception at the Citizen Center! There are a total of 8 spaces(indoor and outdoor) for you to choose from, all offering something a little different.
If you are looking for some family fun to get everyone in the Christmas spirit, then look no further! With everything from Santa Claus, to Horse Drawn Carriages, Christmas in Davidson is the place to be. Located in downtown Davidson, the three night Christmas event has something magical to offer everyone. This year Christmas in Davidson is being held on December 5, 6, and 7 from 6pm-9pm.
Santa Claus will be present for kids to visit and Mrs. Claus will be doing story time each night. Business vendors will have crafts for children, snacks, and beverages available. Town Hall will be featuring a holiday performance and “make and take” art projects for children.
While you are here, make sure to take a ride through downtown, there are two options! Visitors can either take a horse-drawn carriage or a hay ride down Main Street. The horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person and run from 6pm-9pm each night. The hay rides are free to visitors and also run from 6pm-9pm each night.
The Liberty Stage is a stage for entertainment each night. The Town Hall will also be featuring a performance for visitors to enjoy. There will be a live nativity to help bring to life the reason for the season, as well as a Doggie Fashion Show on Friday night to add a little more fun to the night!
There are a variety of ways to get involved in Christmas at Davidson! Whether you are interested in having a booth with your merchandise, sponsoring a tree in the Village of Trees, bringing your dog to compete in the fashion show, or simply signing up to volunteer, the event would not be possible without eager helpers who are excited about celebrating Christmas!
To volunteer- www.christmasindavidson.com/volunteers.htm
1. Take the Family! There is no doubt that the kids will have a great time and Christmas memories will be made:)
2. Go see Santa! While you have the kids together, take them to sit on Santa’s lap and attend story time with Mrs. Claus. Christmas is such a magical time and this experience will make the holidays that much more special.
3. Take a Ride. Hayrides are free of charge and the horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person. This is a wonderful way to see downtown Davidson decorated for Christmas.
4. Volunteer! There are so many different ways to get involved at this event. Find which one fits you and get plugged in!
Been wondering where you could get great outdoor gear in the brands you love, while also shopping local? Then look no further! Brushy Mountain Outdoors is the new “it” shop of the Mooresville/Lake Norman area. Owners, Lee and Ale Warden, have truly brought something to the town that it had been missing!
Lee and Ale have traveled all over the country on outdoor expeditions and have actually lived out west. With their shared love for the outdoors and having firsthand knowledge of the importance of reliable gear, they decided to open a store! While they loved being out west, they really wanted to bring this dream closer to home. They not only wanted to be closer to family, but also knew there were lots of wonderful places locally to do the things they love outdoors.
Whether you are into hiking, running, camping, fitness, or simply looking for an awesome winter coat from a great brand, Brushy Mountain Outdoors has you covered. They offer the largest selection of Patagonia merchandise in the Lake Norman area, as well as other notable brands including; Mountain Khakis, Smartwool, Salomon, Pearl Izumi, PrAna and tasc.
What could make a great outdoor store even better? A full service espresso and coffee bar! The Bean Stash Coffee Shoppe is located inside of Brushy Mountain Outdoors and offers customers a wonderful place to grab a cup of coffee, unwind, and enjoy complimentary wifi. The coffee beans are roasted in Durham, but are imported from all over the world. Kent Bennett is an experienced barista and will make whatever kind of beverage you are in the mood for!
From clothing, to coffee, Brushy Mountain Outdoors is here to serve the Mooresville area and guarantee a great experience. Whether you are looking for reliable merchandise for your next outdoor adventure, or simply after a great cup of coffee in a pleasant environment, head over to Brushy Mountain Outdoors!
Also, be sure to say what’s up to their shop dog, Aspen, who will instantly welcome you into the store and make you feel right at home!
Hours & Location
BMO: Mon-Fri 10-6, Sat 9-5, Sun 1-5
Bean Stash: Mon-Fri 6:30-4, Sat 9-5, Sun 1-5
Location: 107 Plantation Ridge Drive Mooresville, NC
Modern Scottish Festivals began in the middle ages. Athletic competition, “Games”, were a normal occurrence when people gathered together at fairs, military musters, and even funerals. Scottish games how we know them today began in 1781 when the Highland Society of Falkirk sponsored prize money and trophies for competitions in dancing, piping, and athletics during the town’s fall fair. As Scot’s immigrated, they took their sport and culture with them. The games in the United States have grown because many people of Scottish descent still feel the pull of their ancestral homeland and heritage.
The events during the festival include, but are not limited to; heavy athletics, highland dancing, pipe bands, historical encampment, ultra 5K trail race, kilted races, battle axe, long bow, children’s activities, and live music. For a full schedule and list of events for the next games, be sure to check the website! www.ruralhillscottishfestivals.net
Tickets for the festival are available online and at the event. The next Scottish Festival and Highland Games will be held on April 12-13, 2014. Each year brings new live music and entertainment to the festival. Every Highland Games Festival offers something different than the previous year, so each time you visit it will be a new experience!
No dogs or other animals, except service animals
Folding chairs and camp chairs are allowed, just no large umbrellas or tents
Rain or shine, the events will happen
There will be a variety of food and drink vendors for visitors to choose from. In addition to food we are accustom to, there will be vendors serving traditional Scottish food. This will allow visitors to try some of the authentic flavors of Scotland and take part in another aspect of the heritage.
1. Get the Family Together and Go! This is such a family friendly event and will be fun for visitors of all ages.
2. Try some Authentic Food. With the Scottish food vendors being present at the festival you will want to try some of the traditional flavor.
3. Participate! Feel free to dress up and make the day that much more memorable.
4. Watch the Games. There will be athletic competitions of all kinds and you will not want to miss the excitement!
The North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival is a celebration of music, North Carolina, and it’s craft brewing traditions. Each year there are featured local bands, as many NC brewers who can be there and free tastings of their finest brews for three full hours. This is an event open to the public, for those wishing to participate in the tastings, and those wishing to enjoy the live music and food vendors.
If you purchase a 21+ ticket, you will be given admission to the event, a program guide/schedule, and the right to try as many beers as you would like. After the 3 hour tasting period the brewers will transition to selling beer. (Pace yourselves!) If you are interested in a 20 and under or a Designated Driver ticket, you will receive a program guide/schedule, over 9 hours of live entertainment, and access to delicious local food vendors!
*Direct Link to Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-carolina-brewers-and-music-festival-tickets-10338662217
The Historic Rural Hill Campground is an easy walk from the festival grounds and is located right across the road. There are hook-ups for power and water, as well as ample space for tents and pop-ups. (Camping is Saturday night only, must be gone by noon Sunday!)
*Cost: Tents- $10, Trucks/Pop-Ups-$25, RVs-$35
There will be a variety of food vendors available and will all be reasonably priced. There will also vegetarian options. Last year there were 6 different vendors, this year they are expecting even more!
If you have purchased, or plan to purchase a 21+ ticket make sure you bring a valid I.D. Each person will be I.D.’d as they enter! You can also bring lawn chairs, blankets, cameras, rain gear, umbrellas, and pop-up tents(if you’re camping).
Becoming a Vendor
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, be sure to visit the website at ncbrewsmusic.com to fill out an application. You can also call (704)875-3133 for additional info.
1. Get a Group and Go! This is a great day to spend outside with friends and family, while enjoying music and trying different types of beer.
2. Visit the Vendors. There will be several food vendors, in addition to lots of businesses present at the festival.
3. Camp! Whether you have a tent, camper, or an rv, there is a spot for you and your group. Camping is a great way to stay near the festival and make a mini-vacation out of it!
4. Become a Vendor. If you have a business that should be featured at the festival, consider becoming a vendor and having a table. There will be lots of attendees who will come by throughout the duration of the festival and learn about your business!
The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a 16th century European style art and entertainment festival combining outdoor theater, circus entertainment, arts and crafts, a jousting tournament, a feast, and much more! It was first introduced in 1994 with six acres of exhibits, attractions, and entertainment. Today it has grown into a twenty acre theme park filled with charming cottages and castles, kitchens and pubs, and lots of games.
The Carolina festival has grown to be one of the largest of the Renaissance fairs nationwide. With over 100 purveyors of crafts and food, along with non-stop music and comedy shows, it’s no wonder it is now one of the largest in the country. The festival features over 500 costumed characters, knights on horseback jousting three times each day, the world’s largest rocking horse, 11 stages of music and comedy, rides and games, and artisan demonstrations.
The Renaissance Festival is held during the months of October and November. This year the festival begins on October 5 and ends on November 24. It takes place every Saturday and Sunday from 10-5:30.
Admission is $21 for Adults and $11 for Children(5-12) when tickets are purchased in advance. Children younger than 5 are free! Tickets can be purchased online and at regional Harris Teeters. Tickets purchased at the box office the day of will be $22 for Adults and $12 for Children(5-12). Tickets are $19 for Seniors(60+), military and military spouses(mist have Valid ID). Children of military are $9. There are also group rates available for groups of 15+. Group rates are $19 per Adult and $9 for Children.
1. Grab some Friends and Go! The Festival is a wonderful outing for friends on the weekend. It’s a great place to try some new things and to make some memories!
2. Attend a Jousting Tournament. How many times in your life will you have the opportunity to watch one of these?? Be sure to go!
3. Eat a Feast. There will be feasts fit for a king, be sure you take part in this and enjoy some of the authentic food!
4. Visit the Stages. With over 11 different stages showcasing music and comedy routines, there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
5. Check out the World’s Largest Rocking Horse. Be sure to have the kids go for a ride and take some pictures!
The Race City Festival is a Celebration of Lake Norman Area Arts and Culture and is held along Main and Broad Streets in Downtown Mooresville. The festival is hosted by the Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce each year. Local arts and crafts of the Mooresville community, live music, international food, beer and wine garden, and a children’s area with rides and activities are all what make the festival such a hit!
- The festival brings more than 10,000 individuals out each year.
- The festival happens, rain or shine.
- There are two stages used for live entertainment.
The festival is typically held on the third Saturday of May. It begins at 9am and runs until 5pm. Visitors are encouraged to come and stay as long as they like! Whether you are interested in making a day of it, or are simply looking to spend a few hours pa-rousing the booths, come and join the fun.
Admission & Booths
Admission to the Race City Festival is free and everyone is encouraged to participate! If you are interested in having a booth, they range from $75-$250 depending on what type of booth you are featuring. Arts and craft, food, business, and non-profits are all types of booths that will be at the festival.
1. Attend! Grab some friends and family and make a day of the festival. Weather is usually perfect in May and you will not want to miss this awesome day in the sun!
2. Get a Booth. If you are interested in showcasing your crafts, business, or edible items, get a booth! The festival would not be made possible without talented locals who showcase their creations.
3. Try Something New! There will be wonderful food vendors and this is a great opportunity to try some local grub.
4. Find A Treasure. Take a little extra spending money for arts and crafts. You may find something you can’t live without!
The Dale Earnhardt Experience was a dream of Dale and Teresa- they wanted to allow fans the opportunity to experience Dale Earnhardt’s NASCAR days. Dale Earnhardt Inc.(DEI) brings to life the experiences of Dale Earnhardt and his crew during their stock car racing careers. Pictures, Awards(including all seven of Dale’s NASCAR Winston Cup Series Championship Trophies), and history-making cars are on display across the showrooms’ 6,000 square foot “House That Dale Built”. DEI also houses the corporate offices of DEI, The Dale Earnhardt Foundation, Earnhardt Technologies Group, and many other parts of the DEI Empire.
The retail store at Dale Earnhardt Inc allows visitors to take a piece of the Dale Earnhardt Experience home with them. With everything from t-shirts to collectibles, and from hats to die-cast cars, there is something for everyone! These also make wonderful gift ideas.
DEI is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 11am-2pm.
Events & Meetings
With over 10,000 square feet of event and meeting space, DEI can house almost any kind of function! Groups with anywhere from 25 to 400 people can be held in the space. DEI is a popular venue for special events, private dinners, corporate meetings, fundraisers, appreciation ceremonies, team-building activities, and holiday parties. They will customize the event and room to meet specifications and do so in a very professional and pleasing way. The Events Team at DEI has won several EVIE (Events in Excellence) Awards and is a member of the ISES(International Special Events Society) and MPI (Meeting Professionals International).
1. Tour the Showroom. This is especially great for Dale Earnhardt enthusiasts, but all NASCAR fans should take the tour.
2. Visit the Store. Before you leave, be sure to take home some Dale Earnhardt memorabilia!
3. Host an Event! DEI is a wonderful place to host customized corporate and private events.
The Breezy Meadows Farm is not only a fully equipped farm with horse stables, but it is also a popular wedding venue. The owners began the farm due to their daughters love for horses. They had spent some time on farms and felt this was really where their family thrived! Today they offer a full boarding service for horses, riding lessons, and week-long camps during the summer.
The boarding service offers awesome stables and includes feeding twice a day. They receive grain and hay, along with any supplements they need. Fresh water is provided in the stalls and on the pastures. The stalls are maintained and cleaned regularly (twice daily) and horses are given blankets during chilly weather. All of this is available to horse owners for only $400 a month!
Lessons are private and are one hour in length. Because lessons are offered privately, they will be specialized to your needs. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or an advanced rider, the lessons will be on your level! In addition to riding, grooming, tacking, and untacking are included in the lessons. Lessons are $35 per hour.
Summer camps are a wonderful way for kids to expand their knowledge of horses and learn different riding techniques, while also gaining life experiences and making new friends. Kids get the chance to learn how to properly care for a horse and get to show off their new skills by preparing for the horse show held every Friday afternoon. Summer camp lasts from Monday-Friday and starts at 8:30 and ends at 1:30. Be sure to check the website for the next summer schedule!
If you are looking for a rustic, barn wedding, then look no further! There are indoor and outdoor spaces available for ceremonies and receptions. Breezy Meadows offers a full planning service or just the rental of the space- it’s up to the bride and groom! The farm is where southern elegance meets rustic charm. There are several different decorative items that can be used which include; chandeliers, ceiling drapes, lights, wooden wagon wheels, crates, and mason jars. Whatever theme you are interested in creating, it can be done here!
1. Visit! The Farm is beautiful and on a great piece of land. Be sure to bring an apple with you because there are always horses that would enjoy a snack!
2. Attend Camp or Take Lessons. If you or your children have an interest in horses, these are both wonderful ways to expand your knowledge and gain first-hand experience with these amazing creatures.
3. Board your Horse. If you or someone you know needs to board their horse, the Breezy Meadows Farm is a great place! Your horse will receive the best care and attention.
4. Consider using the Farm as a Wedding Venue. The farm is a wonderful place for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. (It is also a very reasonable price to rent!)
Doug Foley Drag Racing School was formed in 1997 by professional drag racer, Doug Foley, after he realized an overwhelming need for a comprehensive training school. In 2001, the school added an entertainment branch with the Dragster Experience. After this came the Fantasy Ride-Along which allows individuals to enjoy the thrill of riding with a professional drag racer in an 800-horsepower dragster.
The Dragster Experience is a half day course that gives drag racing enthusiasts the chance to see how it feels to get behind the wheel and reach speeds well over 100mph. The day starts with a one hour orientation where basic safety and operational procedures are discussed. After orientation, drivers are issued the necessary safety equipment. Drivers are then secured in one of the state of the art dragsters. Drivers have the chance to make two or three runs depending on the package purchased.
*Individual drivers can be accommodated as well as large corporate groups and can arrange track-side photography and/or catered lunch.
Dragster Blast Ride Along
If you are looking for the dragster experience, but not necessarily interested in driving, this is the program for you! The ride along experience allows guests to ride with a professional licensed driver. The ride will include a long smoky burnout, they will stage the race car, and will reach speeds well over 140mph.
Corporate and Group Outings
The corporate and group outings give companies the opportunity to make lasting impressions on clients, prospective clients, and employees. The outings allow guests to try out one of the school’s extreme dragsters and gain an experience most only dream of! The corporate outings are a great way to set your company apart from the rest.
Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone.
1. Participate in a dragster racing experience! If you are a race car enthusiast, this is a great way for you to get your feet wet in the racing world.
2. Do a Ride Along! Ride alongs are a great chance to experience the thrill of drag racing with an actual professional driver.
3. Host an Event. Corporate and group outings are a fantastic way to treat your clients and employees to a day of fun. It really sets you apart from other companies when you take this extra step!
4. Give a Race Experience Gift! Racing Experiences make a great birthday, anniversary, or holiday gift! This is a wonderful experience that they will never forget!