If you are looking for some family fun to get everyone in the Christmas spirit, then look no further! With everything from Santa Claus, to Horse Drawn Carriages, Christmas in Davidson is the place to be. Located in downtown Davidson, the three night Christmas event has something magical to offer everyone. This year Christmas in Davidson is being held on December 5, 6, and 7 from 6pm-9pm.
Santa Claus will be present for kids to visit and Mrs. Claus will be doing story time each night. Business vendors will have crafts for children, snacks, and beverages available. Town Hall will be featuring a holiday performance and “make and take” art projects for children.
While you are here, make sure to take a ride through downtown, there are two options! Visitors can either take a horse-drawn carriage or a hay ride down Main Street. The horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person and run from 6pm-9pm each night. The hay rides are free to visitors and also run from 6pm-9pm each night.
The Liberty Stage is a stage for entertainment each night. The Town Hall will also be featuring a performance for visitors to enjoy. There will be a live nativity to help bring to life the reason for the season, as well as a Doggie Fashion Show on Friday night to add a little more fun to the night!
There are a variety of ways to get involved in Christmas at Davidson! Whether you are interested in having a booth with your merchandise, sponsoring a tree in the Village of Trees, bringing your dog to compete in the fashion show, or simply signing up to volunteer, the event would not be possible without eager helpers who are excited about celebrating Christmas!
To volunteer- www.christmasindavidson.com/volunteers.htm
1. Take the Family! There is no doubt that the kids will have a great time and Christmas memories will be made:)
2. Go see Santa! While you have the kids together, take them to sit on Santa’s lap and attend story time with Mrs. Claus. Christmas is such a magical time and this experience will make the holidays that much more special.
3. Take a Ride. Hayrides are free of charge and the horse-drawn carriage rides are $10 per person. This is a wonderful way to see downtown Davidson decorated for Christmas.
4. Volunteer! There are so many different ways to get involved at this event. Find which one fits you and get plugged in!
Modern Scottish Festivals began in the middle ages. Athletic competition, “Games”, were a normal occurrence when people gathered together at fairs, military musters, and even funerals. Scottish games how we know them today began in 1781 when the Highland Society of Falkirk sponsored prize money and trophies for competitions in dancing, piping, and athletics during the town’s fall fair. As Scot’s immigrated, they took their sport and culture with them. The games in the United States have grown because many people of Scottish descent still feel the pull of their ancestral homeland and heritage.
The events during the festival include, but are not limited to; heavy athletics, highland dancing, pipe bands, historical encampment, ultra 5K trail race, kilted races, battle axe, long bow, children’s activities, and live music. For a full schedule and list of events for the next games, be sure to check the website! www.ruralhillscottishfestivals.net
Tickets for the festival are available online and at the event. The next Scottish Festival and Highland Games will be held on April 12-13, 2014. Each year brings new live music and entertainment to the festival. Every Highland Games Festival offers something different than the previous year, so each time you visit it will be a new experience!
No dogs or other animals, except service animals
Folding chairs and camp chairs are allowed, just no large umbrellas or tents
Rain or shine, the events will happen
There will be a variety of food and drink vendors for visitors to choose from. In addition to food we are accustom to, there will be vendors serving traditional Scottish food. This will allow visitors to try some of the authentic flavors of Scotland and take part in another aspect of the heritage.
1. Get the Family Together and Go! This is such a family friendly event and will be fun for visitors of all ages.
2. Try some Authentic Food. With the Scottish food vendors being present at the festival you will want to try some of the traditional flavor.
3. Participate! Feel free to dress up and make the day that much more memorable.
4. Watch the Games. There will be athletic competitions of all kinds and you will not want to miss the excitement!
The North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival is a celebration of music, North Carolina, and it’s craft brewing traditions. Each year there are featured local bands, as many NC brewers who can be there and free tastings of their finest brews for three full hours. This is an event open to the public, for those wishing to participate in the tastings, and those wishing to enjoy the live music and food vendors.
If you purchase a 21+ ticket, you will be given admission to the event, a program guide/schedule, and the right to try as many beers as you would like. After the 3 hour tasting period the brewers will transition to selling beer. (Pace yourselves!) If you are interested in a 20 and under or a Designated Driver ticket, you will receive a program guide/schedule, over 9 hours of live entertainment, and access to delicious local food vendors!
*Direct Link to Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-carolina-brewers-and-music-festival-tickets-10338662217
The Historic Rural Hill Campground is an easy walk from the festival grounds and is located right across the road. There are hook-ups for power and water, as well as ample space for tents and pop-ups. (Camping is Saturday night only, must be gone by noon Sunday!)
*Cost: Tents- $10, Trucks/Pop-Ups-$25, RVs-$35
There will be a variety of food vendors available and will all be reasonably priced. There will also vegetarian options. Last year there were 6 different vendors, this year they are expecting even more!
If you have purchased, or plan to purchase a 21+ ticket make sure you bring a valid I.D. Each person will be I.D.’d as they enter! You can also bring lawn chairs, blankets, cameras, rain gear, umbrellas, and pop-up tents(if you’re camping).
Becoming a Vendor
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, be sure to visit the website at ncbrewsmusic.com to fill out an application. You can also call (704)875-3133 for additional info.
1. Get a Group and Go! This is a great day to spend outside with friends and family, while enjoying music and trying different types of beer.
2. Visit the Vendors. There will be several food vendors, in addition to lots of businesses present at the festival.
3. Camp! Whether you have a tent, camper, or an rv, there is a spot for you and your group. Camping is a great way to stay near the festival and make a mini-vacation out of it!
4. Become a Vendor. If you have a business that should be featured at the festival, consider becoming a vendor and having a table. There will be lots of attendees who will come by throughout the duration of the festival and learn about your business!
The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a 16th century European style art and entertainment festival combining outdoor theater, circus entertainment, arts and crafts, a jousting tournament, a feast, and much more! It was first introduced in 1994 with six acres of exhibits, attractions, and entertainment. Today it has grown into a twenty acre theme park filled with charming cottages and castles, kitchens and pubs, and lots of games.
The Carolina festival has grown to be one of the largest of the Renaissance fairs nationwide. With over 100 purveyors of crafts and food, along with non-stop music and comedy shows, it’s no wonder it is now one of the largest in the country. The festival features over 500 costumed characters, knights on horseback jousting three times each day, the world’s largest rocking horse, 11 stages of music and comedy, rides and games, and artisan demonstrations.
The Renaissance Festival is held during the months of October and November. This year the festival begins on October 5 and ends on November 24. It takes place every Saturday and Sunday from 10-5:30.
Admission is $21 for Adults and $11 for Children(5-12) when tickets are purchased in advance. Children younger than 5 are free! Tickets can be purchased online and at regional Harris Teeters. Tickets purchased at the box office the day of will be $22 for Adults and $12 for Children(5-12). Tickets are $19 for Seniors(60+), military and military spouses(mist have Valid ID). Children of military are $9. There are also group rates available for groups of 15+. Group rates are $19 per Adult and $9 for Children.
1. Grab some Friends and Go! The Festival is a wonderful outing for friends on the weekend. It’s a great place to try some new things and to make some memories!
2. Attend a Jousting Tournament. How many times in your life will you have the opportunity to watch one of these?? Be sure to go!
3. Eat a Feast. There will be feasts fit for a king, be sure you take part in this and enjoy some of the authentic food!
4. Visit the Stages. With over 11 different stages showcasing music and comedy routines, there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
5. Check out the World’s Largest Rocking Horse. Be sure to have the kids go for a ride and take some pictures!
The Dale Earnhardt Experience was a dream of Dale and Teresa- they wanted to allow fans the opportunity to experience Dale Earnhardt’s NASCAR days. Dale Earnhardt Inc.(DEI) brings to life the experiences of Dale Earnhardt and his crew during their stock car racing careers. Pictures, Awards(including all seven of Dale’s NASCAR Winston Cup Series Championship Trophies), and history-making cars are on display across the showrooms’ 6,000 square foot “House That Dale Built”. DEI also houses the corporate offices of DEI, The Dale Earnhardt Foundation, Earnhardt Technologies Group, and many other parts of the DEI Empire.
The retail store at Dale Earnhardt Inc allows visitors to take a piece of the Dale Earnhardt Experience home with them. With everything from t-shirts to collectibles, and from hats to die-cast cars, there is something for everyone! These also make wonderful gift ideas.
DEI is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 11am-2pm.
Events & Meetings
With over 10,000 square feet of event and meeting space, DEI can house almost any kind of function! Groups with anywhere from 25 to 400 people can be held in the space. DEI is a popular venue for special events, private dinners, corporate meetings, fundraisers, appreciation ceremonies, team-building activities, and holiday parties. They will customize the event and room to meet specifications and do so in a very professional and pleasing way. The Events Team at DEI has won several EVIE (Events in Excellence) Awards and is a member of the ISES(International Special Events Society) and MPI (Meeting Professionals International).
1. Tour the Showroom. This is especially great for Dale Earnhardt enthusiasts, but all NASCAR fans should take the tour.
2. Visit the Store. Before you leave, be sure to take home some Dale Earnhardt memorabilia!
3. Host an Event! DEI is a wonderful place to host customized corporate and private events.
The Breezy Meadows Farm is not only a fully equipped farm with horse stables, but it is also a popular wedding venue. The owners began the farm due to their daughters love for horses. They had spent some time on farms and felt this was really where their family thrived! Today they offer a full boarding service for horses, riding lessons, and week-long camps during the summer.
The boarding service offers awesome stables and includes feeding twice a day. They receive grain and hay, along with any supplements they need. Fresh water is provided in the stalls and on the pastures. The stalls are maintained and cleaned regularly (twice daily) and horses are given blankets during chilly weather. All of this is available to horse owners for only $400 a month!
Lessons are private and are one hour in length. Because lessons are offered privately, they will be specialized to your needs. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or an advanced rider, the lessons will be on your level! In addition to riding, grooming, tacking, and untacking are included in the lessons. Lessons are $35 per hour.
Summer camps are a wonderful way for kids to expand their knowledge of horses and learn different riding techniques, while also gaining life experiences and making new friends. Kids get the chance to learn how to properly care for a horse and get to show off their new skills by preparing for the horse show held every Friday afternoon. Summer camp lasts from Monday-Friday and starts at 8:30 and ends at 1:30. Be sure to check the website for the next summer schedule!
If you are looking for a rustic, barn wedding, then look no further! There are indoor and outdoor spaces available for ceremonies and receptions. Breezy Meadows offers a full planning service or just the rental of the space- it’s up to the bride and groom! The farm is where southern elegance meets rustic charm. There are several different decorative items that can be used which include; chandeliers, ceiling drapes, lights, wooden wagon wheels, crates, and mason jars. Whatever theme you are interested in creating, it can be done here!
1. Visit! The Farm is beautiful and on a great piece of land. Be sure to bring an apple with you because there are always horses that would enjoy a snack!
2. Attend Camp or Take Lessons. If you or your children have an interest in horses, these are both wonderful ways to expand your knowledge and gain first-hand experience with these amazing creatures.
3. Board your Horse. If you or someone you know needs to board their horse, the Breezy Meadows Farm is a great place! Your horse will receive the best care and attention.
4. Consider using the Farm as a Wedding Venue. The farm is a wonderful place for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. (It is also a very reasonable price to rent!)
Doug Foley Drag Racing School was formed in 1997 by professional drag racer, Doug Foley, after he realized an overwhelming need for a comprehensive training school. In 2001, the school added an entertainment branch with the Dragster Experience. After this came the Fantasy Ride-Along which allows individuals to enjoy the thrill of riding with a professional drag racer in an 800-horsepower dragster.
The Dragster Experience is a half day course that gives drag racing enthusiasts the chance to see how it feels to get behind the wheel and reach speeds well over 100mph. The day starts with a one hour orientation where basic safety and operational procedures are discussed. After orientation, drivers are issued the necessary safety equipment. Drivers are then secured in one of the state of the art dragsters. Drivers have the chance to make two or three runs depending on the package purchased.
*Individual drivers can be accommodated as well as large corporate groups and can arrange track-side photography and/or catered lunch.
Dragster Blast Ride Along
If you are looking for the dragster experience, but not necessarily interested in driving, this is the program for you! The ride along experience allows guests to ride with a professional licensed driver. The ride will include a long smoky burnout, they will stage the race car, and will reach speeds well over 140mph.
Corporate and Group Outings
The corporate and group outings give companies the opportunity to make lasting impressions on clients, prospective clients, and employees. The outings allow guests to try out one of the school’s extreme dragsters and gain an experience most only dream of! The corporate outings are a great way to set your company apart from the rest.
Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone.
1. Participate in a dragster racing experience! If you are a race car enthusiast, this is a great way for you to get your feet wet in the racing world.
2. Do a Ride Along! Ride alongs are a great chance to experience the thrill of drag racing with an actual professional driver.
3. Host an Event. Corporate and group outings are a fantastic way to treat your clients and employees to a day of fun. It really sets you apart from other companies when you take this extra step!
4. Give a Race Experience Gift! Racing Experiences make a great birthday, anniversary, or holiday gift! This is a wonderful experience that they will never forget!
Downtown Mooresville is the perfect spot for a Sunday afternoon stroll. There are wonderful locally owned shops and delicious eateries to stop in and check out. With everything from quant coffee shops where you can read a good book, to candy shops that make a great place for kids birthday parties, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy!
The downtown area has something to offer every type of shopper! If you are interested in finding something vintage and out of the ordinary, there are several antique shops. There are also several jewelry shops if you are in the market for one of the finer things in life! Boutiques are also a great place to stop in whether you are looking for something in particular, or not! You are bound to find something unique and you will enjoy your time just browsing the displays.
List of Shops: 202 North Main Fine Wines, Ain’t Miss Bead Haven, Aisle Pawn Shop, Alexander Zachery Jewelers, American Classic Antiques, Anything’s Possible Custom Tattoo & Body, Big Hat Larry’s Guitar, Music, and More, Carriage Ride Antiques, Clippers Flowers of Lake Norman, Inc., Color Cabana, Copycat Kids Consignment, Cosmic Connection Arts& Interests, Cottage House Antiques, Cotton Ketchie’s Landmark Galleries, CVS Pharmacy, D.E. Turner & Co. Hardware, Distinctive Cabinetry & Design, Four Corners Framing & Gallery, Gibson Bros. Furniture, Hair of the Dog, Jewelers on Main, L Squared Boutique, Merle Norman Cosmetic Studio & Spa, Pearls Boutique, Thistle Meadow Wines, etc.
Whether you are looking for a great place for a meal or simply looking for a relaxing place to enjoy a cup of coffee, downtown Mooresville has something for you! There are several wonderful wine shops, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, and a candy shop.
List of Eateries: The Bathtub Gin, Bob’s Grill, Black Velvet Patisserie, The Daily Grind, Epic Chophouse, HEbrews Coffee House, J.J. Wasabi’s, Mooresville Ice Cream Co., Pie in the Sky Pizza, Inc., Richard’s Coffee Shop, Sub Express, and Sugar Pop’s.
There are public events held every week in the downtown area shops and eateries. Below are some of the events held each week, but be sure to check the downtown website, www.downtownmooresville.com, for the most recent list of upcoming events!
One of the most popular events is the Farmer’s Market, which is held every Saturday morning from 8am-12pm. This is a great opportunity to purchase fresh produce at a great price, while also supporting local farmers.
Each week there is a community music jam at Richard’s Coffee Shop, that is held on Saturdays from 9am-12pm.
Every first and third Wednesday night of the month, 202 North Main Fine Wines has an Open Mic Talent night. On Thursday nights they have educational and fun wine tastings and live music is featured on Friday and Saturday nights.
The Enchanted Olive has a tasting bar that allows guests the ability to try over 50 different olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and specialty oils. Yum!
1. Take a Stroll. When you have a free afternoon, check out the downtown shops and do some window shopping as you walk down Main Street.
2. Go to an Event! If you are looking for a fun event during the week or on the weekend, there is almost always something to participate in. From wine nights, to live music, to the farmers market, there is a function for everyone!
3. Shop. There are wonderful boutiques, antique shops, and jewelry stores to stop in!
4. Eat. With all of the wonderful restaurants downtown, you can find almost anything you are craving! (Asian, American, Sandwiches, Pizza, Baked Goods, Candy, etc)
Check out our Video Insider on Downtown Mooresville!
The mission of the Mooresville GoPro Motorplex is to provide racing enthusiasts a turn-key karting experience centered around an advanced, world-class race track. There is a diverse schedule for different levels of karters, arrive & drive events, races, and group events. The idea for the motorplex was born in 2009 and was brought to life in 2011. Since then, race lovers have been able to have a hands on driving experience that is affordable and easy!
The track at the Mooresville GoPro Motorplex is based on the famous Kartdromo Parma in Italy. The Kartdromo Parma is considered one of the finest, but most challenging karting circuits in the world and was the starting place for many renowned drivers. The GoPro track was created to mimic the original Parma, with the newest world championship karting specifications. It features a proprietary motorsports-specific asphalt design, CIK curbing and runoff zones, and a wide, accommodating paddock and pit area capable of holding the largest events in North America.
Rentals are available seven days a week. On Monday, they are available from 12pm-8pm, Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-8pm, and Sunday from 12pm-6pm. All rental kart drivers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian fill out a permission form and have it notarized.
*Adult Kart Pricing
$25 for 1 race, $45 for 2 races, $65 for 3 races, $200 for the 10-race package. *Each race is 10 minutes long
*Junior Kart Pricing
$20 for 1 race, $35 for 2 races, $50 for 3 races. *Each race is also 10 minutes long
Junior Kart Hours: Monday 12pm-5pm, Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm
-The brand new Sodikart RT8 390cc kart is one of the first in the world and features cutting edge technology and is capable of speeds over 55mph.
-GoPro Motorplex has their own racing series each year which allows racing enthusiasts the most affordable and exciting race program in the region.
-Memberships are available for drivers with their own karts wanting to practice on the course each day the track is open to the public! ($1,200/year)
-There is a race series available for those that are serious about racing. The challenges are 8 weekends of each year. *Check the website for full schedule and guidelines www.gopromotorplex.com
1. Give it a Shot! If you are a racing fan wanting to get your feet a little wet on the track, then visit the Motorplex.
2. Give a Race as a Gift! If you know of someone who would enjoy a trip to the motorplex, this would make an awesome gift! It’s definitely an experience they will enjoy and never forget.
3. Participate in the Race Series. Whether you are a driver, or a fan, these are great events to be a part of!
If you are looking for a place that has something fun for everyone, then look no further! The Pit offers guests the ability to drive high speed go-karts, participate in a game of laser tag, play a round of mini-golf, climb a rock wall, and even try out some batting cages. There is truly an activity that everyone will enjoy!
Since The Pit is located in Race City USA, it would only be right for visitors to have the opportunity to get in a car and race! There are go-karts available for youth and for adults. The 10 Sodi youth karts and 20 Sodi RX7 adult carts are not your ordinary go-karts and can go 40+ mph! The go-karts have adjustable seats and pedals, so they can be converted to fit any size driver.
As if the go-karts weren’t enough to get you to come drive, the track should do it! It is a 70,000 square foot track and is one of the largest in the country. With 20 challenging turns, it’s not your typical go-kart track!
The mini-golf course at The Pit is under black lights and is wizards and dragon themed! It is a entertaining 18-hole course for visitors of all ages.
The laser tag arena is a 3,600 square foot arena where up to 20 participants can battle it out at once. There are 7 different game scenarios for groups to choose from. Laser tag makes a great birthday party event for kids!
By featuring a challenging 21ft tall rock climbing wall, w/ 6 different climbing stations, The Pit offers climbers a variety of climbs. Anyone from a beginner level to expert, will all have routes available to climb. There is no actual age limit for the wall, climbers must weigh at least 40lbs and no more than 250lbs.
The batting cages are great for kids and adults. There are three pitching machines that are equipped for baseball and softball. Ball teams can also rent the 10,000 square foot space for practice.
**Be sure to check the website for the full list of activity pricing, group packages, and rates.
1. Channel your Inner NASCAR Driver. The Pit has wonderful go-karts, for guests of all ages, and a challenging track to race on!
2. Host a Party! With all of the activities available at The Pit, you are bound to have a fantastic celebration and make some great memories.
3. Rent out the Batting Cages! If you have a baseball or softball team, this is an awesome place to get in some batting practice, and weather will never be an issue since the cages are located indoors.